I took the R3 out of the city today and experienced the havoc that has been the SEPTA strike. Surprisingly enough, Regional rail workers seem to be handling the situation better than the past few days. No one is permitted up onto the platforms without buying a ticket at the booth first, which cuts down on congestion boarding the trains. Though they were all running late (as to be expected) they were actually carrying pretty light loads of people, and were nothing compared to the stories I heard from people riding the trains in the past few days. They seem to have the increased numbers of passengers under control now.
At the Temple station I also tried talking to some of the Regional Rail workers who were there for security reasons, but I was told SEPTA has decided they are not allowed to speak "on the record" regarding the strike, even though they are not union members.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment